//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js My novel got stuck for nearly a month due to reasons – a wonderful vacation in Scotland among them. But now I am back on track. As suggested by an early reader, I’ve added a short prologue detailing a few of the events just before the plot starts, hopefully clearing up a few confusing things.
The first 3 (of 5) parts of the novel are in beta-state and I don’t expect anymore large-scale changes to happen.
Right now I am writing part 4, which is going to have about 3 to 5 chapters, depending on how the dynamic of the plot I have (loosely) planned works out. Throughout my first 2 drafts of the beginning of the novel, I learned quite a bit and so I am hoping that I won’t be reworking the remaining 2 parts quite as much, as the first 3. My word count is up – or down depending on viewpoint – to 82k.
For the plot I am using the 7-point-story structure. And I gave myself a deadline for part 4. I want to have it in beta-state by mid-November. No NaNoWriMo for me this year. It turns out I get done faster if I write slower. Go figure.
If you are curious, you’ll find the prologue here: [download id=”1677″]