I have a question …. maybe one of my readers might be able to answer.
For our wow guild we have quite a few web applications running and now I need some kind of “portal” page to get all the news stuff in one place so people will not have to check 5 pages for new items. These are not geeks using rss feeds, they are simple users who want to have a single place to see if there is anything to see.
I need to integrate
- blog (posts + comments -> rss feed)
- forum (new posts and maybe polls)
- wiki (latest changes)
- teamspeak server gizmo (possibly via iframe as it is done now)
- maybe del.icio.us (latest links)
- gallery oder flickr feed possibly some new software
I have no idea where to start looking. I am considering writing something myself. I don’t really need some big portal software. I guess I would be most happy to find a php module that parses/displays contents of rss feeds since most of my web applications support one or more such feeds. BUt my first few searches on google left me with empty hands.