1. What did you do in 2004 that you’d never done before?
Have fun reading manuals? Not a very good one.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
See last post for 2004’s resolutions and I will definitely make some for 2005.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Switzerland (skiiing). France (grocery shopping).
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
More free time. More travels. More motivation instead of sitting on the couch zapping.
7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory?
10. September. My “Surprise Party” present 🙂
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Keeping my weight down.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Getting absorbed by work so much that it started becoming a subtle type of stress that wears me out.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Ein milder Hörsturz Anfang des Jahres.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Tungsten 3. Radically improved my organizational habits.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Those few going new ways, f.e. the Beastie Boys (giving away music for free on the Wired CD)
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
The same person mentionned in question #25.
Politicians depress me every year again.
Advertising targeting children, the people who develop these ads make me sick!
14. Where did most of your money go?
Besides the usual stuff as taxes, rent and food? Clothing. I spent nearly 1k on a shopping trip to buy new clothes to accommodate my newly lost weight.
And lots of money on gizmos (tungsten, computer, computer chair, tft display)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Improved cooking and eating habits.
Improving my software development skills and process.
Putting last touches on my rpg character for the “big campaign” and outing the huge secret surrounding her 😉
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2004?
None specifically, I don’t get around to listen to music a lot. I listen to the same music all the time and rarely by fresh albums. This year I listened to Within Temptation, Sirenia, Tristania and Robbie Williams a lot. Metallica was also on the list.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a. happier or sadder? less happy, last year I was very exceited about losing weight. More stressed out by my work
b. thinner or fatter? thinner.
c. richer or poorer? richer. Feeling more secure about lot of things.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More gaming definitely and more sports. More vacation. More reading. More movie going. More going out into the sun in summer.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I still eat too much unhealthy food and chocolate and I watch too much TV.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With the family. I’ll be cooking a lot I guess.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
My mother, big surprise as she is the only one I regularly talk to on the phone. I have grown to dislike telephone conversations in the last couple years.
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
I was and I am in love.
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
24. What was your favourite TV programme?
None really. I am zapping mostly. Which makes the above mentionned “too much TV” even worse.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a pretty strong word. But I developed a strong dislike for someone who appalled me a lot see Question 13.
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
Novels? “Pattern Recognition” by William Gibson, it is not only good but one of the handful of novels I read this year 🙁
Manuals? “Effective Java”
Cookbooks? any by Jamie Oliver
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Black Album by Metallica (yes I never really listened to it before this summer)
28. What did you want and get?
Lots of new clothes. Tungsten. TFT 19″. Barebone PC. Office chair. Big bad goth boots.
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
Didn’t see so many movies. “Coffee and Cigarettes”. I don’t really remember anything else that was worthwhile.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 this year. I worked. The party was the week-end later. I will never – if possible – work again on my birthday. It sucked.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Actually go on that summer vacation. Anywhere.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
34. What kept you sane?
Who said I am sane? But if I am: pragmatism.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None. Geez. What a question. Years ago that would have been easier.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Abroad: The US presidential election and all the noise around it.
Athome: The elections where the NPD got seats in regional parliaments
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Two come to my mind. More specifically this is not the place I feel comfortable writing this down.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004.
If you want it done right, do it yourself (talking about food here!)
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
Via Mama Musings.