We saw “Fahrenheit 9/11” on TV yesterday, not much news but some interesting connections I had not known about.
Another sign that the current administration of the largest democracy in the world does not believe in democracy is this:
Related note: If you are planning to vote after work today, or late in the day, they MUST let you vote so long as you ARE IN LINE by 7:30 p.m. when the polls close. Do NOT let them turn you away if you are there but still in line, whether inside or outside the polling location. Pass the word.
And for your comic relief here’s one of the Bush lightbulb jokes:
How many members of the Bush Administration are needed to replace a lightbulb?
The Answer is SEVEN:
1. one to deny that a lightbulb needs to be replaced
2. one to attack and question the patriotism of anyone who has questions about the lightbulb,
3. one to blame the previous administration for the need of a new lightbulb,
4. one to arrange the invasion of a country rumored to have a secret stockpile of lightbulbs,
5. one to get together with Vice President Cheney and figure out how to pay Halliburton Industries one million dollars for a lightbulb,
6. one to arrange a photo-op session showing Bush changing the lightbulb while dressed in a flight suit and wrapped in an American flag,
7. and finally one to explain to Bush the difference between screwing a lightbulb and screwing the country.