So here mac goes and writes how she didn’t learn anything useful in highschool: go fish : Don’t wanna be taught to be no fool.
I guess I am of a different opinion in this case. I learned some important things in high-school and not only trivia. Let me make a list.
– I learned some languages: English – decent, French – enough for vacations and funny conversations
– math/comp. science: if it weren’t for highschool math I might not be where I am right now, I doubt that I would have known what I wanted to do after elementary school.
– I learned to love literature
– I learned that there are a lot of stoopid people in the world, some of which are teachers
– I learned that some people will stomp on you regardless just to protect their ego
– plus I had a lot of fun (most of the time)
– I think I got a lot of general education type of stuff that I find important.
But mac is right: there are a lot of things that one learns at school that are rather useless later in life. I didn’t mind learning most of those things, quite the opposite I enjoyed most classes (more often I hated the teachers). There are many things though, one does not learn, that are very important. But those skills that you might need later in your life are rarely taught at school. If you are lucky you get a good teacher ….